Friday, May 04, 2007

Memories of Mr Drybones

The last two days have been spent tying up some loose ends:

1. Plastic book covers arrived - Got all the remaining fiction processed and boxed up. Another thing off the "pending" list.

2. Samples arrived for blinds - Got the colour confirmed ("Custard" much to the Business Manager's horror!)

3. Schools Library Service Phoned- My Peters Book order has arrived (excellent service as I placed my order a week ago!) and SLS are providing us with boxes to house the fiction stock in for the temporary library

4. Held the first Carnegie shadowing meeting - The students were full of enthusiasm and genuinely interested in the books

5. Paints confirmed - we're going for cream, yellow and electra (which the students seem to like the name of. For those uninitiated with the BS colour chart it's light blue)

6. Full size human skeleton borrowed from Science Department - This is for the "skeleton" library service I will be running for six weeks. I'm sure this will bring back memories of my last job where I had 5 wonderful years running a library in a primary school, as we had a resident skeleton called Mr Drybones... I'd arrive at work and he'd be in various positions in the library, just like the one below:

No comments: