Thursday, April 26, 2007

A colour dilemma....

This project at times has been stressful. However, the most difficult decision to make hasn't been the new library layout, as you would expect, but it has been the colour of a wall.

Yes, "a colour of a wall?" I hear you cry.

I opened my big mouth and said we needed some contrast. The rest of the library walls will be white, so thought it would be a good idea to paint the wall and door behind the counter area a different one. What a mistake.

I have driven everyone in the Art department mad. They now hide for cover when I mention the word "colour", or "what do you think of this colour?"

I have been back to the hardware shop three times to get tester paints. Its becoming embarrassing. They now know me by name.

I started with the green (or Citrus Green) - no one liked it. The kids have described it as a "big bogey", so scrapped that idea. Thought we'd try a blue - the response was lukewarm, but putting the red (or should I say Calypso chairs against it) it looked awful. After a moment of inspiration (thank you to the Art department for not deserting me in times of trouble) we've gone for yellow (or Sunny Savannah 5 according to the Dulux colour chart)... As you'll see below, I was almost running out of wall space....



No comments: